- This event has passed.
First Friends! – in Oshawa
October 22, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am$370
This interactive 6-week program for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) aged 2 to 4 will help your child develop their social skills so they can play with other children, make new friends, and gain self-confidence. Playtime has never been more fun! First Friends! is offered in two locations and on different days. Please see the chart below for available spaces.
Each session encourages active adult/child interaction from a parent, grandparent or caregiver.
This program offers:
- Interactive, play-based learning with caregiver and child in a small group format
- Opportunity to practice play and social skills with other children
- Exposure to new toys and ways to play
- Opportunities to build your child’s motivation to interact with others
- A focus on building your child’s communication skills
- Fun, interactive circle and story times
- Weekly brief parent training included in every session
Supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), First Friends combines fun activities with evidence-based Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) strategies to meet your child’s individual needs.
Register Today: If you would like to learn more about First Friends! or other services at Kinark, please book a free consultation by contacting our Service Representatives at 1-800-283-3377 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our services are eligible for purchase through an Ontario Autism Program (OAP) childhood budget and some private insurance providers. Please speak with our Service Representative for more information.