Pre-K is OK! in Durham & York – A 4-week program to prepare your child for kindergarten
August 6 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am$1500
This Program Runs: August 6th – 30th
There are Two Times Available: This program is offered from 8:30 am – 11:30 am AND 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
There are Two Locations Available:
Oshawa: 1521 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON L1G 4X8
Markham: 600 Alden Road, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 0E7
Transitions can be challenging for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder attending school for the first time.
Help your child prepare for this exciting milestone with Kinark’s introduction to Kindergarten program; Pre-K is OK! This 4-week program for children with ASD aged 3 to 5 is designed to help prepare them for the experience of attending school for the first time.
This program offers:
• Daily group training with our ABA therapists in a classroom setting
• Four group parent training sessions to help build and sustain positive relationships with your child’s school team
• A one-hour individualized parent coaching session to further support the transition
• An assessment of your child’s strengths and needs
• A summary report of your child’s progress
• Individualized take-home tools and resources
Supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Pre-K is OK! aims to give your child the skills
necessary to be successful in their first school experience. A wide variety of school readiness skills will be
developed through fun weekly themed lessons.
Skills that will be developed may include:
• Attending during group lessons
• Participating in songs, group-based games, and activities
• Learning basic letter and number skills
• Sitting and eating independently
• Transitioning between activities and settings
• Developing self-help skills
• Developing play and social skills
Note: Participants are not required to be toilet trained, however, toileting skills will not be addressed in this program.
If you feel your child would benefit from Pre-K is OK!, or if you would like more information about additional ABA Group Services, please book a free consultation by contacting our Service Representatives at 1-800-283-3377 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.