- This event has passed.
Social Skills Group Let’s Be Friends! – in Markham
October 9 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm$850
Help your child enhance their social skills with Kinark’s Let’s Be Friends! program.
This 10-week program for children aged 4 to 12 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Participants will develop the play and social skills necessary to build and sustain friendships. Let’s Be Friends! is offered in multiple locations and on different days. Please see the chart below for available spaces.
This program offers:
• Weekly group training with our Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) therapists
• Group parent training
• An additional individualized 1-hour parent coaching session
• An assessment of your child’s strengths and needs
• A summary report of your child’s progress
• Opportunity to build friendships with same-aged peers
Supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Let’s Be Friends! uses evidence-based strategies combined with fun activities to teach social skills with an emphasis on:
• Interactive learning with same aged peers
• Developing positive interactions between your child and their peers
• Expanding your child’s motivation to interact with others
• Developing and expanding your child’s functional communication skills
• Developing your child’s co-operative play skills
Register Today: If you would like to learn more about Let’s Be Friends!, or other available services, please book a free consultation by contacting our Service Representatives at 1-800-283-3377 or by emailing email@example.com.
Our services are eligible for purchase through an Ontario Autism Program (OAP) childhood budget and some private insurance providers. Please speak with our Service Representative for more information.