- This event has passed.
Social Skills Group: Let’s Be Friends – Markham
January 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm$900
January 7th is the screening date for this program. Screening is free. The cost is for the program if successfully placed.
Help your child enhance their social skills with Kinark’s Let’s Be Friends! program.
In this 10-week program for children aged 4 to 12 with autism, participants will develop the play and social skills necessary to build and sustain friendships.
To ensure that your child is placed with appropriate peers, we are offering FREE screening sessions to evaluate cohesiveness and group readiness skills. Groups will begin the third week of January at our Oakridges Centre (Richmond Hill), our Alden Centre and our Oshawa location.
This program offers:
• Weekly group training with our Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) therapists
• Group parent training
• An assessment of your child’s strengths and needs
• A summary report of your child’s progress
• Opportunities to build friendships with same-aged peers
Supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Let’s Be Friends! uses evidence-based strategies combined with fun activities to teach social skills with an emphasis on:
• Interactive learning with same aged peers
• Developing positive interactions between your child and their peers
• Expanding your child’s motivation to interact with others
• Developing and expanding your child’s functional communication skills
• Developing your child’s co-operative play skills
Our services are eligible for purchase through an Ontario Autism Program (OAP) childhood budget and some private insurance providers. Please speak with our Service Representative for more information.
To be placed in the program, please register for a screening date: