Kinark Autism Services is continuing to offer selected telehealth Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services for children and youth with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our clinical team includes Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) who have many years of experience identifying the strengths and needs of children and youth with autism, and developing individualized services and supports.
Our approach is family-centered, flexible, individualized, and developed collaboratively with you to meet the needs of your child, youth and family at this time.
Brief Behavioural Consultation
Are you looking for ways to help further your child’s development at home? We are here to help! Kinark is offering free Brief Behavioural Consultations for families of children and youth with autism up to the age of 18.
Brief Behavioural Consultation is a service to help teach parents and caregivers individualized tips and tricks and provide resources to help you support your child or youth with autism. During up to three, one-hour sessions, parents and caregivers will meet with a clinician by phone or videoconference to discuss behaviour-based strategies to help address a specific goal. Free consultations will be offered through our secure WebEx platform by video or phone.
Families can request support for a specific need relating to their child or youth. Common goal-based topic areas may include:
- Healthy sleep and establishing a bedtime routine
- Healthy eating and expanding the variety of foods your child eats
- Preparing your child for routines and transitions
- Teaching early communication skills
- School collaboration and how to effectively collaborate with your child’s school team
- Self-care and daily living routines (supporting your child with a toothbrushing/handwashing/hair brushing routine)
- Helping your child learn self-management skills
- How to start toilet training your child
- Mental health and dealing with anxiety (offered once per week, no same day)
- Teaching your child basic safety skills
- Developing your child’s social skills
- Managing meltdowns
These consultations are currently offered free of charge.
To schedule an appointment, please complete the intake form below.