Newly Diagnosed with ASD
If your child or youth has recently received an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis, this section can help you determine what services and supports may be best suited for your child’s needs.
We understand a diagnosis of ASD can be overwhelming and the information may feel difficult to navigate.
Our team is here to help! At Kinark Autism Services, we can help your family with the first steps and help you find resources and supports in your community. We provide many services that can help you better understand your child’s needs and support you when choosing appropriate interventions.
We also offer a large range of evidence-based training and information sessions, as well as support groups to help you feel better informed and equipped in taking the steps helpful for your family.
Free Kinark Autism Services Resources:
- Service Navigation and Coordination connects you with our knowledgeable Family Support Workers who provide information based on the unique needs of your family for the services, programs and funding that may be available to you and your child with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) diagnosis.
- Parent Education Workshops offer a variety of virtual educational opportunities on a wide range of topics that share tools and techniques to better support your child or youth at home and in the community.
- Support Groups for Caregivers and Siblings are facilitated by our social worker and provide a safe space to connect with those who have similar experiences and receive support through discussions.
For support with funding sources, please request a free consultation with our Service Navigation team.
- First 100 Day Toolkit assists families of young children in getting the critical information they need in the first 100 days after an autism diagnosis.
- A Parent’s Guide to Autism is a toolkit designed for parents and caregivers of children who have been diagnosed with autism.
Have you found a link that does not work on our website?
If you have a discovered a broken link that leads to a blank or 404 page on the Kinark Autism Services website, please contact us.