Service Navigation and Coordination
Do you have a child or youth registered in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP) and require information on resources in your area? Our Family Support Workers are here to help!
Service Navigation and Coordination connects you with our knowledgeable Family Support Workers who provide information based on the unique needs of your family for the services, programs and funding that may be available to you and your child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis.
Families can request Service Navigation and Coordination for a variety of reasons. Commons topics we support families with are:
- After being diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) – next steps
- Information about the Ontario Autism Program (OAP)
- How to access OAP interim one time funding
- Accessing other sources of funding for my child
- Finding respite
- Finding recreational programs for my child
- Connecting families to community services
- Where to access mental health services
- Where to find educational resources and workshops for parents
- What are Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) programs and how do I choose one
- Accessing Special Education resources
- Accessing social skills groups for my child
- Supporting my child’s transition to Adulthood
- Caregiver and Sibling Support Groups
Service Navigation and Coordination is offered free of charge. To be eligible for this service, your child or youth must be enrolled in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP) and have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
To be connected to a Family Support Worker, please request a free consultation with our team.
- Sep22Funding Application Support – Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities1:30 pm2:30 pmFree of Charge
- Sep23Ask a Service Navigator1:00 pm2:00 pmFree of Charge
- Sep29Funding Application Support – Disability Tax Credit1:30 pm2:30 pmFree of Charge
Ask a Service Navigator
Are you a parent or caregiver of a child (2 – 18 years old) who is registered in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP)? Are you looking for services and information to support your child’s needs? Our Service Navigation team is here to help!
Kinark’s Ask a Service Navigator sessions support families by answering the questions you may have when navigating the different autism services available.
Each session connects families to members of our Service Navigation team, where you will have the opportunity to ask questions about funding (childhood budget, interim one-time funding), eligible services, applications, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) programs, respite options, workshops, support groups and more.
You can bring specific questions to the session about your child’s needs or arrange a time to meet with a member of our Service Navigation team following the session! Sessions are approximately one hour in length and held virtually through our secure video conferencing platform.
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm
Date: Thursday, September 9, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm
Funding Application Support
Are you trying to apply for Special Services at Home? Looking at the Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities application and not sure where to start? Did you know you could apply for the Disability Tax Credit? We understand these applications can be overwhelming and our team is here to help.
Facilitated by our Family Support Workers, our free Funding Application Support sessions help guide you through the step-by-step process for each of these important funding applications for your child with ASD. Sessions for each application are held once a month online through our secure video conferencing platform. You can also arrange a time to meet with a member of our Service Navigation team following the session.
View the dates and times for upcoming sessions below!
Special Services at Home
Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Disability Tax Credit
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm