Service Navigation and Coordination
Do you have a child or youth registered in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP) and require information on resources in your area? Our Family Support Workers are here to help!
Service Navigation and Coordination connects you with our knowledgeable Family Support Workers who provide information based on the unique needs of your family for the services, programs and funding that may be available to you and your child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis.
Families can request Service Navigation and Coordination for a variety of reasons. Commons topics we support families with are:
- After being diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) – next steps
- Information about the Ontario Autism Program (OAP)
- How to access OAP interim one time funding
- Accessing other sources of funding for my child
- Finding respite
- Finding recreational programs for my child
- Connecting families to community services
- Where to access mental health services
- Where to find educational resources and workshops for parents
- What are Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) programs and how do I choose one
- Accessing Special Education resources
- Accessing social skills groups for my child
- Supporting my child’s transition to Adulthood
- Caregiver and Sibling Support Groups
Service Navigation and Coordination is offered free of charge. To be eligible for this service, your child or youth must be enrolled in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP) and have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
To be connected to a Family Support Worker, please request a free consultation with our team.
Ask a Service Navigator
Are you a parent or caregiver of a child (2 – 18 years old) who is registered in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP)? Are you looking for services and information to support your child’s needs? Our Service Navigation team is here to help!
Kinark’s Ask a Service Navigator sessions support families by answering the questions you may have when navigating the different autism services available.
Each session connects families to members of our Service Navigation team, where you will have the opportunity to ask questions about funding (childhood budget, interim one-time funding), eligible services, applications, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) programs, respite options, workshops, support groups and more.
You can bring specific questions to the session about your child’s needs or arrange a time to meet with a member of our Service Navigation team following the session! Sessions are approximately one hour in length and held virtually through our secure WebEx video conferencing platform.
Winter 2021 Sessions:
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 from 1 pm – 3 pm
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2021 from 1 pm – 2 pm