Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment sessions now available!
Kinark Autism Services offers individual Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment and treatment sessions to families of children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
These sessions provide support with concerns related to self-care, productivity and leisure. Occupational Therapy can also support sensory processing, sleep, selective eating, and emotion regulation concerns to enhance overall quality of life. Sessions can be provided in-person within a clinic setting or virtually (if appropriate).
Our Occupational Therapist will collaborate with you to identify goals and develop an individualized, evidence-based treatment plan based on OT strategies through:
- Direct intervention with the child/youth to develop skills related to the identified goals
- Providing adaptations to tasks with equipment/technology recommendations if appropriate
- Consultation with parents and caregivers to help them support their child at home
- Collaboration with community partners (i.e., schools, daycare staff, or other professionals) to promote consistency and success with activities across environments
Goals may include, but are not limited to:
- Enhancing engagement with daily activities (toothbrushing, bathing, toileting, dressing, etc.)
- Improving pencil grasp and printing proficiency
- Enhancing awareness and skills related to emotion regulation
- Improving sleep hygiene and quality of sleep
- Expanding the variety of foods your child will eat
- Supporting the development of play and social skills
Following an initial assessment with an Occupational Therapist, goals are collaboratively developed during a feedback session to explain assessment findings and share evidence-based treatment recommendations and support planning.
Cost: The cost for an assessment with an Occupational Therapist is $255. Following the assessment, one-hour treatment sessions will cost $130. Our services are eligible for purchase through an Ontario Autism Program (OAP) childhood budget, OAP core clinical services funding and some private insurance providers. Please speak with our Service Representative for more information.
If you would like to learn more about Occupational Therapy, or other services available at Kinark, please contact our Service Representative at 1-800-283-3377 ext. 3440 or click here to email us.