Better Behaviour Clinic
Clinic Opening Fall 2023
Are you looking to support your child or youth with disruptive or interfering behaviour?
The Better Behaviour Clinic is here to help with the use of Practical Functional Assessment and Skill Based Treatment.
What the behaviour clinic offers:
- Qualified and experienced clinical team supervised by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst utilizing evidence-based best practice
- Assessment and treatment for individuals who are demonstrating mild to severe disruptive behaviour
- Family-centered approach with a focus on child and youth dignity and safety
- Services delivered in our newly renovated client-friendly space, located in Markham
Our Better Behaviour Clinic service fees are inclusive of:
- Individualized assessment of your child or youth, using the evidence-based Practical Functional Assessment framework, a clinical assessment that will support the team to develop an individualized skills-based treatment plan
- 4 hours per week of in-person skill-based treatment over a 10-week period
- Hours include teaching communication, toleration and contextually appropriate behaviours (e.g., transitioning to work, completing academic work, completing self-care tasks, giving up favourite items)
- Program supervision and monitoring of individual progress
- Caregiver coaching and consultation (minimum of 3 hours)
At this time, this service will not support:
- Co-existing mental health disorders (e.g., anxiety, depression, eating disorders, etc…)
- Thoughts and behaviours of self-harm
- Inappropriate sexual behaviour
- Feeding or sleep concerns
*Follow-up consultation available based on clinical recommendation (additional fees apply)
To register for this service, please complete the interest form below.
Our services are eligible for purchase through Ontario Autism Program (OAP) core clinical services funding, interim one-time funding (IOTF), and some private insurance providers.